In my years of interior design experience in Boston, I’ve helped clients from all walks of life create the home or pied-à-terre of their dreams. Many of the homes I’ve designed needed to accommodate the kids, too, and clients constantly think they need to forgo their modern interior design vision in lieu of the little ones. However, I find that smart, thoughtful interior design can make luxury and modern work for any lifestyle.
Here are my top five tips for modern interior design for families:
- Make the family room fun and functional with accessories for games and activities. Create a comfortable layout for conversation with enough table space so any day can be a game night. Read about my featured project and more tips for family rooms on Houzz.
- You can make a playroom work in modern interiors. The right colors, patterns and storage space can keep it chic while still creating an imaginative space for creativity.
- Splurge for the beautiful, upholstered furniture you want while the kids are still young. Stick with family-friendly upholstery that can hold up against wear and tear.
- Modern interior design can double as comfortable and accommodating for kids. Bring in comfortable seating with clean lines, inviting textures, personal touches, and soft lighting to make modern interior design more approachable.
- Layered rugs aren’t just a statement piece. Use this design trick to create a wall-to-wall cover to protect carpeting from stains.
Hiring an interior designer for your Boston home isn’t just about creating drama and style. An interior designer can also create an optimal living space for your lifestyle and needs. Contact me now to talk about your family’s home and design challenges.