Even when you hire full design services in Boston, good interior design results emerge from collaboration between the designer and the client. Here are some elements that I try to emphasize when dealing with my clients at Chrisicos Interiors:
- Determine your communication mode – Email has taken the center stage as the number one communication channel, but don’t hesitate to suggest phone calls or even weekly meetings if that works better for you.
- Sort out differences at home – Making changes at regular intervals may not be the best way to get the most out of your interior designer. If there is a conflict of thoughts within the family, sort it out at the first instance and come up with a commonly acceptable plan.
- Go easy on the opinions – Opinions offered by friends or relatives can be questionable and even annoying at times, especially if you’ve already finalized the plan with an interior designer. Let everyone know that it’s your dream house and that you’re in charge of the decision-making process.
- Money – Every interior design project is different and there is no fixed fee structure that applies to the industry. Therefore, it’s important for you to communicate and gain understanding of the fee structure. That way, you’ll avoid any surprises.
- Let the professional you hired be in charge – An interior design job is a collection of professional expertise from different disciplines. While your acquaintances may be of use if you’re repainting your old nursery, they are not the best choice for full-scale interior design projects. Work with your interior designer to help find the best professionals for the job.
Contact me at Chrisicos Interiors at 617-699-9462 for more information regarding our full-design services in Boston. I’ll be happy to help you transform your interior design project.